SAFe® Scrum Master Certification
This 2 days course will help attendees gain an understanding of the role of the Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike conventional Scrum Master training (CSM/PSM) that focuses primarily on the Scrum Guide, the SAFe Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Attendees discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe.
Scrum is a lightweight process to deliver value for cross-functional, self-organized teams within SAFe. It combines the power of Scrum project management practices with Extreme Programming (XP) practices
- Examine basic Agile development concepts
- Explore Scrum basics
- Position an Agile Team in a SAFe Enterprise
An effective Scrum Master is a team-based servant leader
- Examine the responsibilities of the Scrum Master role
- Explore the characteristics of an effective Scrum Master
- Build high-performing teams
- Facilitate effective team events
- Coach the Agile team using powerful questions
- Collaborate with other teams
- Resolve team conflicts
- Prepare to experience PI Planning
- Create and review draft PI plans
- Finalizing plans and establish business value
- Review final plans and commit to a set of PI Objectives
- Facilitate an effective PI Planning
- Plan the Iteration
- Track the Iteration progress
- Refine the backlog
- Facilitate the Iteration Review
- Facilitate relentless improvement
- Support DevOps and Release on Demand
- Coach the IP Iteration
- Prepare the team for the Inspect and Adapt event
Instructor-led live sessions
16 Hours of Online Live Instructor-led Classes. Training Schedule: 2 sessions of 8 hours each.
Once you have completed your final course training and exam, you will receive a certificate stating you are a Professional Scrum Master 1.
Get free access to Scrum.org® Community Platform
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Yes, the SAFe certified scrum master certification fee or
the exam fee is included along with the course training fee. The other benefits
- 1-year membership with the SAFe community
- 16 PDU’s and SEU’s
- Digital badge after passing the exam
- Certificate of course completion
- Certificate in pdf format after passing the exam
There are no such prerequisites to take this course.
Also, it’s always recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Scrum
Master (SM) training & certification exam should have been part of the ART
The SAFe® Scrum Master (SM) certification exam is an online
test comprising 45 multiple-choice questions. Participants will have 90 minutes
(1.5 hours) to complete the exam and must score a minimum of 75% (35 correct
out of 45) to pass the SAFe® Scrum Master (SM) exam and obtain your SAFe® Scrum
Master (SM) certification.
Download and print your Certificate from the Manage Profile
& Professional Development. Certifications/Programs tab (click on the paper
icon to the left of the Certification Name). Please note that when printing the
certificate there can be missing logos and signatures from the certificate. If
you come across this issue please make sure that “Background Colors and Images”
is selected in your printing options.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 PDUs toward their
continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI)
for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Yes. The certification and evaluation fees are included in
the cost of this course, along with the costs of course materials and learning
The minimum required to pass the exam is 75% (minimum 34
correct out of 45 answers).